Well if you have been following the Christmas Countdown on Creative Craft World . You will know that today is the last day :O( Its so sad, as its been fantastic fun for us as DT members. Hope you have enjoyed it too ?
Here's my final project for you... A gift of 6 cards held together inside a storage box.
Whilst i was browsing the web i can across a similar gift at Splitcoast stampers. So decided to have a go and see what i could come up with.
Its actually quite easy to make and put together ( I thought it would be hard, but it wasnt ;O) )
Heres the finished box that i made.
What you will need :
1 6 x 12 cardstock to make front/base and back of box
1 4 x 6 cardstock to make the lid
2 3 3/4 x 4 cardstock for the sides
2 3 7/8 x 5 1/2 white cardstock to form dividers inside the box
Magnetic closures or i used magnetic tape. Ribbon and embellishments to decorate
What to do :
1. Take the 6 x 12 and score at 4 1/2, 6 1/2 and 11
2. Take the 4 x 6 and score on the 4'' side at 2
3. For the sides you need to score at every 1/2'' along the 4'' side.
4.Atatch the lid to the box at the 1'' scored bit.
5. On the other side of the lid flap you can use a decorative punch or leave it blank, your choice :O)
6. You can now place ribbon around the join to finish it off nicely or wait until you have added the sides to make it abit easier.
7. Atatch the (fan) folded sides to the front and back of the box on both sides.
8. You can then add the white card to the inside of the box. This is abit fiddly.. I used DST on one side of the card then stuck it in place on a fold. It made it abit scoowhiff. But, i thought it would be the easiest way to atatch it ;O)
9. You can then decorate it as you wish.
I wanted a christmas feel to my giftbox. Im making a little address book that will go with it so it can be used year after year with everything in one place ;O) A box version of a christmas planner ;O)
Heres the cards that i made to go inside the box. 2 x Thankyou. 2 x Birthday and 2 x Blank ones
Heres the inside of the box.
A little extra :
To grow a Candy Cane.
Whilst looking on the web. I found another fantastic gift idea that i am going to make. Its another fun, cheap and yet effective idea. To grow a Candy Cane !!
Details can be found at handmade.heartfelted
They have sooo many great ideas on there , so its well worth a look. I have found so much inspiration from here.... They actually mentioned my 'perfect man' on there !!!
Well thats it from me :O(
Myself and the rest of Creative Craft World DT thankyou for joining us on our Christmas Countdown. We have had such a blast sharing all our ideas with you and hope that you have found some inspiration from our journey ?!!
We hope that you have a healthy and Happy Christmas
P.S I want to say a huge Thankyou to Sue ( mini) for all her work putting together this Christmas Countdown. Sue.... Its been great fun. :O) xx