CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Stitchy Sparkles

I absolutely adore this new stamp, that Stitchy sent me to have a play with. I printed her off 8 times ( insert embarrassed face here lol) .Then set to, deciding which was just her colour ;o) .
Please click on the pictures as they magically grow bigger if you do :O)


So heres my take of Sparkles,shes a garden fairy. She loves scattering shining sprinkle dust and all things Sparkly. Even her dress if very sparkly.


Being a garden fairy, of course she has to make all the flowers sparkly. :O)

I wanted to make Sparkes really sparkle. So i coloured her in my Promarkers and added Glossy accents to her wings and shoes. The sparkle was stickles that i added to her dress and hairband. Her hand was the wrong way round for the scene i wanted to create. So i made it appear as if her sparkles came from her antenna/wing tips. Stickles was added to the card to appear as if the sparkle shot, from there and onto the flowers. Can you see a sparkle theme here ? LOL.
So to add abit more to my theme. I set myself loose with the gems ;o) Lots of clear ones were added to the main red flower and i popped a fair few blue ones at certain places around the finished card ( just to keep the blue/ green thing going) I even added glossy accents to the flower stem and leaves. You can NEVER have too many sparkles ;o)
The blue flower with the butterfly beneath it was originally a white one. I coloured it with my Promarkers,so it fit with the theme of my card. Baby Blue ribbon was added at the edges of the card Then finally after abit of distressing. I put my card together and set it onto a light green card.

16 comments:

K said...

Ooo, it looks like a fairy with attitude! very fab card :)

Unknown said...

love this image and the colours you have chosen here x

Scrappy Scatty said...

A lovely image - you have made a great card xx

Ali said...

That looks lovely xx

Highland Handmade said...

Agree with K, a fairy with Attitude!! sounds like my daughter! lol ... beautiful card choccy love it! xx

Susan (aka TomsMom) said...

Fabulous card, I do love the sparkles!!!

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Great card - fabby image!

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card love all the sparkles.

stitchy said...

Oh Cool Choccy, love the idea of her being a garden fairy and your sparkles are fantastic,love the color choice...great job hun, love it all together lol...I will be in touch for sure..

stitchy xoxox

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the sparkles. x

Sarah said...

Love the card Oona, beautiful colours and details and a gorgeous image xxx

Addams said...

Great card, I love the fairy and all the glitter

Ali said...

Left a little something on my blog for you - lol xx

Berry said...

Suuch a pretty card and I love the name of your blog lol! Hugs Rebekah x

Karina said...

Hi there,
what a lovely card you made! I like your style, and so I will come back from time to time to see what's new here.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

PepPop said...

Gorgeous new image and yep you're right - you can NEVER have too many sparkles. Jaqui x