This fortnights challenge over at Creative Craft World is sponsored by Stitch Bear Stamps.
Its to make an Easle card.
Heres my cards.... yes i loved using my image soooo much. I had to make 4 cards !!
It actually amazed me how much you could colour and adapt digi stamps ( It was the first time i have ever used them ) It wont be the last !!
For this easle card i backed the image onto Basic Grey, Green at heart. I added red ribbon as my stopper,so the card would stand up. The flowers are Prima,Love story. Kissing red.
I made this card using just black and white. I used my nestie die to cut scalloped ovals.As i wanted to change the shape of the standing up bit,so it looked a little different. I added black ribbon. The flowers were punched using my Nellie Snedden punch, i added glossy assents to 3 of the 5 flowers to give them abit of dimention. Prima e-line gems were added to the center of the flowers.The center scalloped oval has stickles in the indents to make it 'bling' alittle, but i also added a few gems to make sure ;o) I used card candy as my stopper so the card would stand upright. Being a nearly all black card i had to find somewhere that could be wrote on,hense the smaller white oval . This card has been sent to a dear friend whos celebrated her birthday on thursday ( waves at Sylphraven)
I felt the need to make a girly card too. So heres my pink version. With faux stitching as i just dont get on with needles !. I made the stand up section of this card 1/2 inch longer than the card so i could add the loops around the page and it would look effective. Burgundy ribbon was added to match the small amount of burgundy in the backing paper. Black gems were added to the card ,on the ribbon and i used larger gems as stoppers. On this image i carried the solid black onto the wingsand added less stickles and glossy accents. I think it looks really different.
This final easle card was a little trial that i wanted to have a go at. I used my nesties label 4 die so its actually quite small. On the black card before i added the image i dusted the paper with mica pigment powders. It gave the card a very subtle glint.The image i painted over with my new mica watercolours. I love the shine that it created. But it was VERY hard to photograph (hense the angle ;o) ) As a stopper i used a flower that i had made myself.I then added a few gems just so it shone more . :O) Overall a small but VERY blingy little easle card
I will do a little tutorial later this week for the flower that i made in my last card. I see some great posibilities with these little beauties :o)